Carthage Water & Electric Plant produces on average more than 3 million gallons of water each day. To get the water to our 5,000 plus customers, we maintain over 100 miles of water distribution lines. This clean, fresh water is constantly monitored and treated to insure that the people of Carthage have the best level of quality water possible. Our source of water comes from a series of 14 deep water wells located throughout the city. With the completion of two new water towers in 1999, we now have 4 towers. All these facilities combine to provide the city of Carthage with a storage capacity of 7,500,000 gallons of water.
- Water/Wastewater Superintendent: Tom Pittman
- Water/Wastewater Assistant Superintendent: Jason Choate
- Water Treatment Supervisor: Kent Boyd
- Wastewater Supervisor: Glen Chambers
- General Foreman: Cecil Howard
- Phone: (417) 237-7300